Join our team!
KMDA is a down-to-earth but established construction / real estate / business litigation firm located in Lewisville. It is a sad day for KMDA. Unfortunately, our beloved Legal Secretary is moving to an exotic, foreign location. Of course, we wish her all the best, but we need to find an individual to fill her shoes. Ok, I will be honest, that is going to be hard to do because she was literally the best. The positive is that she is here for the next 6 weeks to help train any new employee.
LEGAL SECRETARY POSITION REQUIREMENTS
If this resonates with you, then we may have a spot for you on. We are looking for team members to help fulfill our vision.
I am looking for someone with a history of longevity within their previous employment positions. We want someone that is going to come in and help grow this wonderful family into a successful operation for every.
Our core values are Teamwork, Tenacity, Accountability, Candor and Dedication. Our employees are high achievers with incredible work ethic, a sense of community, responsibility and personal accountability. All candidates must embrace our Five Firm core values.
We would love a bilingual Spanish speaker.
Compensation is competitive but is determined by experience.
Our firm offers great benefits, including paid time off, set reimbursement for medical insurance cost, Simple SEP IRA with employer matching, and more.
Skill Sets Needed:
We are looking for a person who has experience in a small office environment
Law firm experience is a plus
Must be able to take direction from attorneys and office manager
Conscience about showing up to work and not calling in sick unnecessarily
Teamwork is very important
Should be able to correctly prioritize tasks and manage time with little assistance from managing attorney.
Must organize and manage multiple priorities with limited supervision
Responsible for solving daily challenges
Able to take constructive criticism and not shift the blame
Works overtime occasionally
Perform all work accurately and without punctuation error.
Needs outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Be highly motivated, dedicated to serving the needs of our clients and eager to learn.
Secretarial Skill Requirements:
- Must keep track of time daily
- Order supplies
- Stocking firm supplies
- Making copies
- Client mail outs
- Convert word docs to PDF
- Process CMRR
- Process mail
- Enter Attorney Time
- Run and transmit month billing
- Run credit card payments
- Preparing and making deposits
- Act as receptionist – seat clients, set appointments, alert staff, direct calls
- Open new files and input information into various programs
- Update client log
- Handle potential client intake, obtain intake information sheet, draft retainer agreements
- Meet with clients on lead cases and gathers all pertinent info needed to assist in case.
Professional Skills Environment
- Bate stamp documents, organize and prepare for production
- Setting hearings with court clerks
- Draft simple transmittal emails and letters
- e-Filing and providing service of all pleadings, discovery, and more
- Prepare all pleadings to be transmitted and efiled
- Put together the trial and exhibit notebooks
- Calendar deadlines
- Draft collection letters and transmit
- Draft corporate minutes for clients and transmit
- eFile liens with the county clerk’s office
- Draft Supplemental Estate Planning documents
- Redact attorney’s fees statements and prepare for discovery transmittal and use at trial
- Maintain Christmas list
- Assist with Christmas cards and client gifts
- Assist with marketing, including coordinating set up of seminars
- Assist KMD with all PowerPoint or marketing material to use at seminars
- Foxit PDF
- Excel / Microsoft Word
- Deed record searches, CAD searches in various counties
- Court records search
- EFile TxCourts
- Secretary of State searches
- 3-5 years experience as a legal secretary for a litigation firm.
- Must submit to a 3-month probationary period.
- Has extensive E-Filing experience.
Schedule an interview with our firm.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
550 S. Edmonds Ln Ste 210
Lewisville, TX 75067